- All models must represent what they are supposed to be according to the rules they are being used under. WYSIWYG is the rule (What you see is what you get). However, miniatures need not be produced by any particular corporation.
- Miniatures do not need to be painted, but every miniature needs to be fully assembled with all of the appropriate pieces and properly based. (Remember that painting will be judged and contribute to the overall score)
"...if you have one tournament left in you for 2005, make it The Alamo.
Come meet the Ogre-Daddy and rub his belly for luck...I'll be there."
—Tom Keegan, Heart of Texas Warhammer Society
Army Lists: 2,500 points
Rules for the Army Lists:
- Warhammer 8th Edition rules and all GW 8th edition FAQ's will be used, with the exceptions that buildings may only be occupied by units of 40 models or less.
- Lists are to be no larger than 2,500 points using the standard restrictions found in each Warhammer Armies book.
- Lists are due no later than October 24th. Late lists will result in a loss of Santa Anna points.
- All released Army Books are permitted.
- Daemons update in White Dwarf #391 will be used.
- Chaos Dwarf armies use the Legion of Azgorh, no special characters. No other Tamurkhan units are in effect.
- Dogs of War armies are permitted using the
Regiments of Renown
[707K]and Dogs of War [738K]PDFs.
- Black Orc Brewery Army [283K PDF] may be used.
This army exists only at the Alamo, must be fully
painted, and must display the Black Orc Bock label on its all of its army standards.
Download printable standards here
[640K JPG].Any player bringing a Black Orc Brewery list will also get free beer.
- Hero-level Named Characters 250 points or under except Daemons (see details below).
- The following item is not permitted:
Book of Hoeth.
Any cheesy dork planning to bring a beardy tooled up army should think twice. Anyone who does this will be exposed as the punk he is, all in good fun of course. The tournament organizers reserve the right to disallow any army list that is deemed to be terribly unsporting but unless an army list makes us throw up a little in our mouths when we read it, if it's legal, it's getting in the door. (Some people just stopped reading, so they will miss the important part)
But that does NOT mean that your army list is "APPROVED".
It just didn't make us physically ill. Those are not the same things.
No one is required to like playing against it, or to like you for bringing it. If you bring the pain, keep your gob shut when people cast their bad game votes accordingly...
Named (Special) Characters
Named characters (or "the characters formerly known as 'special characters'") are not easy for any event to deal with. We at Alamo have always allowed special characters with approval in order to add variety to the field of armies at the event. Unfortunately, with the current state of the game, blanketly permitting special characters conversely leads to "cookie cutter" armies such as Skulltaker, Teclis or Kairos-centered armies. We had briefly decided to ban special characters completely, but that would be taking the easy way out for us, and would be letting the special character terrorists win.
Instead, we have painstakingly reviewed the special characters in each book, looking for the obscure, flavorful special characters that are the kind of out-of-the way, disused special characters that can bring color to the game, without bringing the uber-pain. We have decided upon the following general criteria for allowable named characters at Alamo:
- No Lord-level special characters
- The special character (and any mount) must not cost more than 250 points
- No Daemon special characters (sorry)
By our review of the existing books, that leaves the following options, including one unusual character published by GW, but not in the books who we have thrown in just for fun:
- Beastmen: Moonclaw, Ungrol, Ghorros
- Brets: Sir Amalric of Gaudaron
- Dark Elves: Kouran, Tullaris
- DoW: Regiments of Renown
- Dwarves: Bugman
- Empire: Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Luther Huss
- High Elves: Caradryan, Korhil
- Lizardmen: Gor-Rok, Oxyotl
- Ogre Kingdoms: Bragg the Gutsman
- Orcs & Goblins: Gitilla Da Hunter and Snagla Grobspit
- Skaven: Tretch Craventail
- Tomb Kings: The Herald Nekaph, Prince Apophas, and Ramhotep The Visionary
- VC: Konrad, Manfred (the Acolyte), Isabella
- Warriors: Festus, Throgg, Wulfrik
- Wood Elves: Skaw the Falconer
"OH HELLS YEAH!! GIDDYUP WURMZ!!!"
—Oscar "dA mAd cHoPpA" Barela, SAGW Standard Bearer
Also see: Scoring